Week 4 Notes – Tu
Human Computer Interaction
- Lecture Part 1 (will continue on Thursday)
- Discussion Leaders – Group 1
- We will count off into small groups
- Group leaders will spread around the room
- We will spend approximately 10 minutes per presentation. There will be 2-3 “rounds”
- We’ll regroup and discuss as a group
- Finding music (see Podcast Assignment)
- Help discussion leaders get their PPTs linked (if not already done)
- Reading post due Monday @ 9 pm!
- Search Assignment (step 2 of the final project) is due Friday
Questions for today (we’ll discuss questions on Thursday):
- What does analog really mean (def1, def2, def3 and image) – and analog v digital cell phone call quality
- Is the Long Tail something that Chris Anderson made up? Or is it a real concept?
- Is there any possible way that a person could gain access to the Internet without have to pay an ISP like the reading suggests?
- As far as “owing the Internet” is this battle still going on? Are different corporations trying to buy the Internet?
- A bit off topic – but what are your thoughts on a “code of conduct” such as that which Tim O’Reilly started to draft for bloggers and blog comments?