Week 7 Notes – Tu
- Lecture/Discussion (ppt)
- As the ASUW elections come about, how do you think the two tickets have used the Internet to their advantage? How is this similiar or different to governmental campaigns?
- Will people soon be able to vote online for elections? Would it save time, money, and paper? Would it be more accurate or less accurate than traditional voting?
- Is Kathy going to do another quadrennial assessment?
- Are campaign candidates such as Bush and Kerry involved at all as to how their websites are set up or structured? My guess is that they just hire a team of people to do it for them but I feel like it could be a good way to gain more votes if they made people aware that they helped make their website
- Discussion Leaders
- Discussion Questions (complete list of questions)
- How do you think the impact of using the internet will change from the 2004 election to the 2008 election?
- What are the qualities an ideal campaign website should embody? What would be the most important information a candidate or elected official could give you on their website?
- Has the internet benefited politicians more than it has hindered politicians? Explain.
- Do you think a political candidate with a MySpace profile adds or detracts from their credibility or attraction in any way?
- Do you like using the Internet better than T.V. and other media sources to find political information? Why or why not?
- If you have not yet done so … record your voice! Start experimenting with your podcast.
- Everyone except discussion leaders:
Pick one of the questions above — respond (using the comment feature on this page), referencing (narrative, not hypertext!) material raised in one of the individual discussion groups you participated in today; 250 words or less! Please do this by the end of today (otherwise, you’ll forget!).
- Discussion leaders: reminder: please double-check your citation format. Remember to post your reflection on the experience of being a leader by Friday — and tag all discussion-leader-related blog posts as “discussion leader.” If you used YouTube or other web sources in your presentation, please link to them as well.
- Thursday we will work on the media assignment in lab.