Week 2 – Lab
- Net Technologies (alphabet soup)
- Review the essay assignments
- PPT tutorial
1) Alphabet Soup!
- Watch Warriors of the Net! (13 min)
- Deconstruct URLs
- RSS in Plain English (Blip.tv & YouTube, 4 min)
- IN CLASS LAB:
Visit your favorite news site. Find the RSS feeds. Click and see what happens. Right about it in your blog and categorize the post as “assignment.”
- Demo the site – high level explanation of social networking sites
- Students should create a Slideshare.net account before leading discussion. Sharing our PPTs on Slideshare makes us part of the larger community of people who are studying digital media; it’s a contribution to a collective, an information soup!
3) First Essay – Due Friday 1 February
We will begin work on this in the lab on Wednesday!
4) Discussion Leaders now grouped.
Remember – you can swap groups … just let me know!
How to create a PPT presentation
(if you know how, you’re free to go!)
Reminder: send me an email if you need help with PPT.