Week 4 – Monday
- Set up recorder!
- In-class discussion
Assignment for those not-in-class: Pick one of these questions and respond in a blog post before class on Wednesday. In your response, integrate ideas from the readings we have done in class and incorporate ideas from your life (work, family, etc).
- How does the internet play a vital role in how man and machine interact?
- How much must we understand computers in order to function in our society? In the future, will we be more or less dependent on computers and is this good?
- The machine-centered view is precise, orderly and logical, while people are distractible, creative and illogical. The public education system seems to be modeled more on the machine-centered view. How might this model affect students’ view of themselves?
- Where were you in 1983 and how were you interfacing with computers?
- How will people adapt in the new economy when technology is replacing their jobs?
- In what ways do computers detract from human interaction?