Week 2 – Wednesday
Agenda – Evolution of Digital Communication (w/lab)
- Review Assignments
- Multi-Media: Warriors of the Net! (13 min – YouTube, InternetArchive)
- Deconstruct URLs
- RSS in Plain English (Blip.tv & YouTube, 4 min)
- Demo the site – high level explanation of social networking sites
- Students should create a Slideshare.net account before leading discussion. Sharing our PPTs on Slideshare makes us part of the larger community of people who are studying digital media; it’s a contribution to a collective, an information soup!
- Review Discussion Leader responsibilities and groups
- Review the 1st essay assignment (due 30 January)
- Reminder: Monday is a holiday but reading assignment is still due!
- Visit your favorite news site. Find the RSS feeds. Click and see what happens. Right about this experience — how easy/hard it was to find the feed, how many feeds there were, what happened when you clicked around in the news site — the post as “assignment.”
- Remove SnapPreview from blog:
Dashboard -> Appearance -> Extras