Week 7 – Class Notes
- Framing Lecture
- Discussion Leaders
- For Next Week…
- Your Questions
- PPT / Slideshare
- From JibJab to YouTube Clips:
Apple 1984 Commercial
Obama 1984 Commercial
The Real Sarah Palin
Remember to give feedback (comments) to one of the people you heard and one of the people that you did not hear. Link these to your COM300 page, please!
Last Week’s Discussion Leader Reflections:
Finals week you will pick one of the three essays for grading, and I’ll pick one of the other two for grading. I’ll be providing feedback this weekend on the two that you have submitted. If I have it link on either “Essay1” or “Essay2”, you’ll get full points if it is not selected for grading! You may also edit the essay after it is posted.
- Link to your essays
- Pick the two that follow your name in this list (note that they aren’t quite alphabetized anymore) and give that person feedback. The last two people move to the top (1, 2).
For Next Week …
- In lab, we will work on the group project.
- This PDF has all media project assignments! :: This is the submital link (pdf for planning)
- You have one more essay, due Friday March 6, on the digital divide :
To creatively express an opinion (critical judgment and creativity); to become familiar with the concept of the digital divide (knowledge); and to practice writing short, persuasive articles (practice).
Group Project – How’s It Going Posts
If you haven’t posted one yet, please do so by Friday.
Other Interesting Posts
- Chad – Followup on chart-junk
- Mike – Take 2 on the Net and politics
- Rylan – Podcast promo
- Tyler – Why you shouldn’t trust Wikipedia