Week 8 – Monday – Class Notes
- Discussion Leaders
- Related Skill Request: DRM/No DRM
- Group Projects
- e-commerce evolution (YouTube)
- Amazon evolution (n.d., YouTube – 4thQtr 2001, first quarterly profit; 2008 profit)
- How were this week’s readings different from those from prior weeks?
- “No I would not like to take a survey.”
- “Once you know, you NewEgg“
- Your Questions – Exercise:
- Quick review
- Pick three that sound interesting
- Copy&paste as a comment and post
Prior DL Reflections
Your Questions Discussion:
- Why have repeated attempts at online grocery delivery been unsuccessful?
RELATED: Why are box stores still around? If people can buy almost everything online, why are box stores still effective?
- How can brick-and-mortar retailers compete with online retailers or e-tailers in the future so that they don’t become the next CompUSA or CircuitCity?
- How credible is a store that only has an online store front, as compared to one that has an actual location plus an online shop?
- In what ways has shopping online changed the way shoppers (as a whole) are “more educated” shoppers?
Skill Session: DRM
- What is it? Why is it
- From Free Culture downwithdrm contest: Interchangeability (YouTube); A Real-World DRM (YouTube)
- Electronic Frontier Foundation on DRM
- Richard Stallman (GNU) on DRM
- How to break DRM
‘How You’re Doing – News’
- Ashika – first, second
- Chad – first, second
- Chadrose – first, second
- Corey – first
- Gulya – first
- JR – first
- Madeline** – all compared
- Mandy** – first, all compared
- Michael L – first,
- Mike – first, all compared
- Quoc – first, second
- Rob – first, comparison
- Robert – first
- Rylan – first
- Shane – first
- Ted – first
- Tressa – first, comparison
‘How You’re Doing – Glossary’
Other Interesting Posts