week 6 – Monday (25 July 2011)
- Discussion Leader
- Group Project Introduction
- Group discussion summary – comments (is anyone missing? there are only 18 folks represented): Anneka, Cecilia, Chia-Ho, Danny, Ian, Parisa
- Resource: http://anti-social.cc/
- FYI: someone does not have “write” privileges for the course blog. Check your dashboard! It should read “My Blogs” not “My Blog”. :-)
- What is it about “digital” that affects economic theory?
- A Fairy Use Tale
- Interesting reading posts: Cecilia, Jake,
Group Project (based on Diigo)
- Questions about Diigo (results of last week’s lab)
- This week: resources related to Twitter
- Research, data, statistics
- Examples from media (eg newspapers), public institutions (eg, government agencies, schools, universities), politicians and political action (eg, Egypt, Syria, Norway)
- Not: tips, how-tos or tools
- Be sure to also upload an avatar!
- Assessment: quality of the source, quality of the headline, quality of the description, quality of the tags.
- Dyads: discuss how you might tackle this project
- For Wednesday: two comments on DL presentations – one on a presentation you participated in and one that you did not (due by 5pm Wed – category “comments” on the assignment sheet upload)
- For Wednesday: No formal class – use the two hours to pull together your first set of recommended links (the lab will be open)
- Due by 5pm Wednesday: six bookmarks
- Due by 5pm Friday: four more bookmarks
- Friday : DL reflections
- Next week’s DLs: Cecilia, Grace, Jake, Parisa, Tim