week 9 – monday (15 August 2011)
Digital Divide: the gap between those who have access to or who can benefit from technology and those who do not/cannot
- Points sheet updated : does not include revisions to Diigo or resource/reading posts for this week
- Reminder: I will be evaluating your blogs – make sure you have all posts categorized, a readable design, and something on your “about” page (several of you still have this page published with the default WordPress “this is a sample page” text)
- For those of you writing a book review or paper – these are due by 5 pm this Friday. Book reviews should be published on your blog as a blog POST; research papers should be published on your blog as a PAGE and should be accompanied by a short blog post that “announces” the paper and links to the page.
Lecture/Discussion – Digital Divide + Personal Branding (ppt)
- A comment on THIS BLOG POST about the course — what will you take-away to other classes or post-UW? What was your biggest surprise? What should be dropped in future classes? What needs more time?
- Worth 7 extra-credit points (it’s a comment, after all);
due end of day Wednesday(extended to noon on Thursday).