Week 1 – June 20 (Monday)
Details on our first day together!
- Review Syllabus and Course Requirements
- Mini-Lecture (ppt)
- Multi-Media: Did You Know? (4 – 2009) & Vision of Students Today (2007)
Using the online syllabus, answer these questions individually. We will then answer them in small groups. [Print WordDoc]
- Where do you find the readings for this class?
- What are the responsibilities of small group discussion leaders?
- How often (and when) must students “blog” reading reflections?
- Do you have to do an “individual project” in this course?
- How important is class participation to the final grade?
- What is the difference between a reading post and a resource post?
- How do you “turn in” an assignment in this class?
- How much of your grade is “pick-and-choose”?
- Discussion leaders must make two blog posts. What are they?
- At what point in the quarter should you have decided whether or not you are going to do an individual project?
Wednesday Lab (preliminary, high-level overview)
Lab attendance is required this week.
- Create student blogs using Word Press ; please use your UWNetID as your login/account name if it is available. That will make your WordPress URL <uwnetid.wordpress.com>
- Create an initial blog post, 200-300 words, on how you use digital media in your life everyday. Categorize the blog post “assignment”
- Post the blog URL (link) using TypeWithMe
- Post the initial blog post URL (link) using assignment submittal form