week 4 – Wednesday (13 July 2011)
Networks (social & technological)
- Discussion Leaders
- Lab: Resource Blog Posts
- Still need email addresses used with WP blog (week 2 request – have 17) – TypeWith.me
- Summary of assignments coming!
- Note: if you do not hear back from me promptly at my UW address, remember to use kegill at gmail . You also always have the option of texting me (you have my cell number in every email I send).
- Colleen, Deborah, Emily
- Post-discussion: provide a comment on one of the blog posts. “Record” it on the assignment form as “in-class assignment”
- DLs – remember reflection post to your blog by Friday
- Resource Posts are short (two-four paragraphs) reviews of external resources related to the class; one post per week may be made from weeks four-nine; must be related to weekly theme, must include annotation as well as resource title as hyperlink
- Each weekly resource post must be categorized “resources”.
- These posts are due Monday at 9 am. No late posts accepted.
Points assigned per the following list:
- Meets requirements – 25 points
- Over-under word count, grammatical errors, improper hyperlink – 10 points
- Resource blog post requirements:
- Catchy and informative title
- Properly formatted hyperlink (appropriate text is the hyperlink, not the URL)
- Sufficient narrative to let us know why the resources are important
- Properly categorized
- Related to weekly theme
- Due Monday 9am for prior week’s topic; week four topic due Monday of week 5
Group 2 Will Be Discussion Leaders on Mon
- Adam, Danny, Holly, Khongor, Tammy
- DLs – see Emily’s post for a model
How to embed slideshare into your WP blog. You have to go the primary page for the Slideshare show.